Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk

jhorak222
Aspirant

Nighthawk

So let me get this straight. I contact Netgear technical support. They inform me my Netgear Nighthawk AX-12 router warrenty expired after 90 days. So I purchase a two year GEARHEAD warranty. Then I call them for support in setting up ReadyCLOUD (Readyshare) I am on the phone with this tech who puts me on and off hold. Takes remote control of my PC decides to down grade my routers firmware !!! The router reboots. Will not connect and the tech disconnects from the phone call. And did not call me back. No I possibly have a bricked router. And paid $$ for a warranty that did nothing for me. Thanks a-lot.
Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk

Right now you're on the community support forum where members of the public try to help out. 

What firmware did they install? 

What modem/gateway is the router connected to? 

When you say "will not connect" a bit more details help. wireless devices won't connect? wireless devices can't see the ssid? devices connect but say "connected, no internet", what is actually happening. 

Maybe @Christian_R or @ChristineT can help with support issue

Message 2 of 5
jhorak222
Aspirant

They installed RAX120-V1.2.0.16. My gateway is spectrum wifi and spectrum cable internet with an ARRIS surfboard SB 8200 modem.
Message 3 of 5
jhorak222
Aspirant

I did a factory reset and upgraded to firmware 1.2.1.12 . Router is working fine. All I am trying to do is go to 192.168.1.1 then open the router page, then go to Basic, then click Ready Share,(Basic)  then click Ready Cloud and add my router to my ready cloud account. That is all I am trying to do. Why would a technician screen share with me and not be able to fiqure it and then want to down grade the firmware just to confiqure my router (with a usb coneccted external hard drive) is not logical. I called netgear support because the online instructions provided for doing this are not working. Image1.jpg

Message 4 of 5
jhorak222
Aspirant

Hi I called Netgear Gear support about Readycloud-Readyshare (2nd time) a case number was generated, the tech used a app called Zoho assist to work my computer to troubleshoot. After following written instructions from netgear nothing was working.The tech kept putting me on hold. While in control of my PC. Once again the tech wanted to down grade my firmware and I disconnected Zoho.. My router is working fine. Why would you want to down grade firmware when the router would turn around and auto update to the current firmware. These people are suppose to be experts. This is the service I paid for very disappointed

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7