Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nigthhawk AC2300 R7000P Keep crashing several times a day

OMFGjustHF
Aspirant

Nigthhawk AC2300 R7000P Keep crashing several times a day

Hello everyone

I bought a AC2300, but lately it keeps crashing out of nowhere. It fixes by restarting the router, but it is extremly annoying while playing online or working from home.

I have updated to the latset firmware V1.3.2.134_10.1.66.

I have read several discussions from your guys, but none have help me so far.

Thank you in advance.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Nigthhawk AC2300 R7000P Keep crashing several times a day

Define "crashes"

What actually happens? Does it auto reboot? Does the wifi stop broadcasting entirely, does it broadcast but not able to connect? Does it connect but say "connected, no interenet".

What actually happens? 

when it crashes, does it crash for both wired and wireless devices?

What are the led's doing when it crashes

What modem is it connected to?

Message 2 of 6
OMFGjustHF
Aspirant

Hey Plemans

Thank you for your reply.

The crash is that the internet stop working on both wired and wireless devices.

It doenst auto reboot. I dont get any message with "connected, no internet). It allways works to reboot after 5 minutes.

The router is connected directly to fibernet box.

I have btw tested that it is not the connection, because I can plugin my wired computer without thr breakdowns.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

@OMFGjustHF wrote:

Hey Plemans

Thank you for your reply.

The crash is that the internet stop working on both wired and wireless devices.----and what are the led's doing when it happens (color, blinking, solid, all of them)

It doenst auto reboot. I dont get any message with "connected, no internet). It allways works to reboot after 5 minutes.---reboot the router? or the fibernet box?

The router is connected directly to fibernet box. What model fibernet box is it plugged into?

I have btw tested that it is not the connection, because I can plugin my wired computer without thr breakdowns.---Plug it into the router? into the fibernet box? what are you plugging it into? 

Message 4 of 6
Santoshmk
Aspirant

I am also facing the same issue with my R7000P router. I bought it in last Oct.

I saw two issues : 
1. Ofter the devices do not transmit or receive any internet data even though both SSIDs are being broadcasted from router. The router LEDs are all in white during this time as though things are fine. But the mobile devices just don't receive any data. It is not same as "Connected, No internet" message we receive when the ISP connectivity is lost. The SSIDs are visible in mobile but they're not getting connected at all. There is no error shown in mobile as well. After restarting the router things get back to normal but only for some time. Every morning I see this issue.
2. Frequently the router restarts itself suddenly. This has been increasingly happening with my router. My router firmware was 1.3.1.64 initially. I contacted support and with their help, was able to update to latest version 1.3.2.134 successfully. After this upgrade the router is getting restarted almost every hour. It's quite annoying as I've got disconnected from work meetings twice.

The support has taken a request for replacement (subject to approval).
It is disappointing to get this experience after paying such high amount for the router. Are there any suggestions for resolving these issues? Updating to latest firmware seems to have aggravated the issue than solving it.

Not sure if it's a hardware issue or firmware one. For now I have switched back to a back-up TP-link router.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 5 of 6
OMFGjustHF
Aspirant

The colors variets under a crash.

Sometimes alle goes black except power, which is orange.

Other times all lights are white (alittle flashy) except one light which is orange.

reboot the router? or the fibernet box? When i reboot the router

What model fibernet box is it plugged into? I have no clue. It is the stardard box mounted by Ewii, (Danish fibernet company) directly into the wall. My house is only 1 year old and the connection work fine until 4 month ago.

Plug it into the router? into the fibernet box? what are you plugging it into? Fiberbox to computer, whitout crashes.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7