Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No Internet Access or Login Page Access after Router Reset

baybreeze
Aspirant

No Internet Access or Login Page Access after Router Reset

Hello,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help. I'm not quite sure exactly what happened, but I ended up having to factory reset my Nighthawk R7000 router, and now I can't access the internet or the Router Login page by typing in the router IPs in my browser.

It all started after someone in my house accidentally turned off the power strip in which I had my modem, router, and first computer plugged in. After everything powered back on, I was having trouble accessing the 2.4ghz band on my network. It kept telling me my password was wrong, but it wasn't. I logged into my router settings and double checked my passwords, and they were indeed what I thought they were. But, I ended up changing the passwords for both the 2.4 and 5ghz bands also updated my router's firmware. After I tried to change the passwords, the page was loading very slowing, and I got disconnected. Then I finally got back on, tried to get into my login page again, but the password wasn't working, so it said I had to reset my router. I pushed in the reset button for about 10 seconds and let it reset. After that, I had no internet access. I tried to go the router login page again, and that's when it said the webpage wasn't available. That's also when I saw that my networks were not showing up in my SSID list. 

I tried resetting again, even unplugging everything, including my modem and cables. Plugged it all back in, etc, and still nothing works. I also went to ipconfig on my desktop and noticed it said "media disconnected" to the right of "Media state" under Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection. Thinking that might have meant I didn't reconnect a cable somewhere, I checked them again, and they're all plugged in. The router, modem, and all cables are only about a year old. The only thing old is the desktop that they are connected to. (and that desktop has a broken power button, so I can't even reboot it). 

Anyone know what I'm missing? Did I forget a step or do something in the wrong sequence?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: No Internet Access or Login Page Access after Router Reset

disconnect r7000 from modem and all other devices......... reset by pushing reset until power led flashes....restart the PC after you factory reset the router while connected to the r7000 with wired connection. WAIT for several minutes for the PC to get IP....it should open browser on pc

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Restart PC from menu in windows

Message 2 of 6
baybreeze
Aspirant

I've already tried restarting my pc and all other gadgets, it still didn't work. 

Message 3 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

disconnect r7000 from modem and all other devices......... reset by pushing reset until power led flashes....restart the PC after you factory reset the router while connected to the r7000 with wired connection. WAIT for several minutes for the PC to get IP....it should open browser on pc

Message 4 of 6
baybreeze
Aspirant

OK, i disconnected everything from my older desktop and connected it all to my newer desktop and now my internet works. I was also able to get back into my router login page. I can now also connect my laptops, phone, and tablets via wifi, so it seems like I'm good now. Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated!

Message 5 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You're welcome!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements