No Internet LED when WAN Connected

bigrich22
Novice

No Internet LED when WAN Connected

I've had my R7000 for over a year now and this weekend it stopped working. The power light is white and WIFI lights work BUT the INTERNET light will not light up either amber or white. I have reset, turned off on, checked the ethernet cable, tried multiple ethernet cables but no success. Neither my R7000 nor my AT&T uverse NVG589 modem see a physical connection. I just wanted to post here before I purchase a new R7000 with the assumption it is a hardware failure. Thx!
Message 1 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: No Internet LED when WAN Connected

have you verified the modem is working by connecting directly to it?
Message 2 of 8
VE6CGX
Master

Hi,
Can you access the 'net directly connected to the modem?
Message 3 of 8
bigrich22
Novice

Yes, I am using the AT&T modem now and working fine. The Nighthawk will not show a physical connection when connected. No amber light or white light... Thx!
Message 4 of 8
msujester
Aspirant

Did you ever solve this issue?  I'm having the same problem.

Message 5 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi @msujester,

To test if the Internet port is still working, using one cable, connect the other end to the LAN port of the router and the other end connect it ot the Internet port. If still no internet light then the router might be defective.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 6 of 8
msujester
Aspirant

Ok, this is just strange.  When I do as instructed, the light is amber, suggesting that the port is, in fact, working.  Then I plug the router back in, and the internet light turns white and everything works fine.  If the router is power cycled, the internet either does not work, or works for a very short period of time (1 horus or less), then the light goes out and internet is lost.

However, if I run that diagnostic test again, the light turns amber, then I plug it back into the wall, it turns white and everything works.  Things have been working for almost a week after running this diagnostic test.

Strange.

Message 7 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi @msujester,

Glad to know it is working now. Feel free to report back if you encounter it again.

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E