Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No Internet connection after factory reset

wernd
Tutor

No Internet connection after factory reset

I had been having issues with my internet connection and wasn't sure if it was my router or ISP mode. My ISP replaced my router. in the meantime i reset my Nighthawk to Factory. Now when i plug the WAN from my modem to the Nighthawk, there is a red light for the WAN/Internet. I have done the reboots, etc. Nothing but a red light on the Nighthawk. Called the ISP and everything is working perfectly. Help and advice

Dennis

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

the windstream T3200 has an integrated router. try switching the netgear to AP mode. (access point). That why you only have device acting as router on your network. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What isp modem are you using?

firmware on the nighthawk?

Message 2 of 6
wernd
Tutor

Windstream T3200

Nighthawk X6S.  Firmware was updated by me about 3 weeks ago. I can't get on the GUI to see it right now. 

Message 3 of 6
wernd
Tutor

Here is the firmware i have installed  V1.4.1.50_1.3.10.. I also attached a photo of the internet connection. Maybe i need to learn how to "Bridge"? Port Forward?  

Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

the windstream T3200 has an integrated router. try switching the netgear to AP mode. (access point). That why you only have device acting as router on your network. 

Message 5 of 6
wernd
Tutor

Thank you very much. The Netgear 7900 is now working as an access point. The speed is excellent and all is working. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7