Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No Internet with new R7800

baddude007
Aspirant

No Internet with new R7800

Pulled my router out of the box and try to set it up and it should be pretty simple.  I am upgrading from the R6300 which works, but doesnt give me the range I need.  Plug things in and it looks ok my phone and computer connect but have no internet access.  I check to see if there is a simple light code error, but the only odd led is the internet light white and flashing and of course netgear doesnt list that as a fault code in the manual.  I try to log in through routerlogin.net with not access.  Funny thing is that I type in the IP address of my security camera hard drive that is plugged in and can access it.  Not sure what the issue is and why it wont work as it is configured exactly the same as my R6300 that work just fine.  I'm leaning toward a faulty router but strange out of the box.  

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
baddude007
Aspirant

Re: No Internet with new R7800

Just wanted to let you know the router was bad. Had to send it in and get a replacement. The internet light rapidly flashing just didn't seem right to me.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
LeeH
Prodigy

Did you power cycle the modem after removing your old router? 

Did you let the modem fully boot up before turning on the router?

Message 2 of 5
baddude007
Aspirant

Yes, i followed the quick start steps, 3 or 4 times.  Unplug modem, let it cycle, plug in Ethernet to router and plug in power and let it cycle.  BTW i am using and Arris SB6183 cable modem.  

Message 3 of 5
LeeH
Prodigy

I have an Arris modem/router too.  I was able to log into mine and set it to bridge mode and that runs better for me.

Try connecting a computer directly up to the modem and see if you are getting internet. 

If you are then reconnect the new router back up and log into it. 

Under the Basic tab select Internet.  Then at the bottom of the page you will see an option to "Use Computer MAC Address" select it and click on Apply at the top of the page.

Message 4 of 5
baddude007
Aspirant

Just wanted to let you know the router was bad. Had to send it in and get a replacement. The internet light rapidly flashing just didn't seem right to me.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7