Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No Option for Anywhere Access

EE1362
Aspirant

No Option for Anywhere Access

My app doesn’t have option for anywhere access. I followed the below support article but there was no option for Anywhere Access (screenshot attached)

Phone is connected to WiFi, router is on latest firmware, app is also latest version.

https://kb.netgear.com/000058239/How-do-I-enable-or-disable-Anywhere-Access-on-my-NETGEAR-or-Orbi-ro...
Model: R6020|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Kitsap
Master

Re: No Option for Anywhere Access

Go back to the article you provided the link to.  On the right hand side of the page you will see a list of models the article applies to.  I could not find the R6020. There is a good chance the option is not available on that model.

Model: R6020|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3

Re: No Option for Anywhere Access

@EE1362 wrote:
My app doesn’t have option for anywhere access.

Your R6020, an oldish (2017) and bottom of the range router, predates the "anywhere access" label. Way back then it was called "remote access".

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual Access the Router With the NETGEAR genie App.

References to the genie app are also out of date. It now uses the Nighthawk app:

Which products support the NETGEAR Nighthawk app? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

....router is on latest firmware, app is also latest version.

Not always a good idea. New firmware has been known to remove features, especially those that rely on Netgear's web services. They do that to make way for services that they can sell users. I doubt if they did this to the R6020. Too basic to be up to the new stuff. But I'd check the recent release notes for any warnings.

If you do get the R6020 to play ball, don't expect a lot. According to Netgear's manual for this device, not always the most reliable source of information, the LAN and WAN support only 10BASE-T or 100BASE-TX. That makes it slower than many newer Internet services and most modern network hardware. This may not matter to you, but be warned that it will hobble you if you ever sign up for faster Internet. It also slows down whatever is going on in your local network. Newer devices support 1000BASE-TX.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7