× Some paid Circle Parental controls customers may be showing free options only. Router firmware correcting this issue will be available ASAP. Visit Status.NETGEAR.com for updates.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Aspirant

No Readyshare write permission

Mapped the readyshare drive on 2 computers.  Both have read access but Access Denied for storing files or folders.

Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Master

Re: No Readyshare write permission

Lets start with device and firmware version. Firmware version a number not something like latest.

With this known maybe someone can help.

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

Thank you.

Hardware Version R6700v3
Firmware Version V1.0.4.78_10.0.55
GUI Language Version V1.0.4.78_2.1.38.1
Name: \\readyshare\USB_Storage
Read Access: All - no password
Write Access: All - no password
Folder Name: U:\
Volume Name: U Drive (1.9T)
Total Space: 1.9T
Free Space: 1.9T

I can access the contents of the drive from both computers but any attempt to write a file to the drive gives error:
Error Copying File or Folder 
Cannot copy Registrations: Access is denied.
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.

Thanks, Ann-Marie.

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

UPDATE:

Tried with a different disk and no problem so something wrong with the disk I was using.  Perhaps too large for the router to handle?   1.9TB

I'll purchase a smaller disk and it should work.

Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Master

Netgear routers are finicky about drives. Some folks on here seem to have 2 gig drives working, but are not the first to have issues. It may be that the drive needs cleanup or a format. Could connect to a PC and run chkdsk against the drive to see if there are errors. There is a list somewhere on this site of "approved" drives, but it is several years old so really doesn't apply anymore. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Master

@Yandina wrote:

UPDATE:

Tried with a different disk and no problem so something wrong with the disk I was using.  Perhaps too large for the router to handle?   1.9TB

I'll purchase a smaller disk and it should work.

Was the disk that doesn't work used on a PC prior to putting on the router? If so it could have been marked read only or require permissions set in the PC to read it.  In the Credential Manager you should have a Windows Credential probably. I've got it even for R/O USB drives. If they are R/W that Credential is surely needed.

Another suggestion, take the drive to a PC and run CHKDSK /F. A damaged disk can act strangely.

Are you on Windows?

Message 6 of 6