Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No WIFI and no access to router

Gaspard-Arnaud
Aspirant

No WIFI and no access to router

Hello,

I tried to acces to router by normal procedure (www.routerlogin.net) but I was redirected to your site pages.

Then I decided to download your app on my phone trying to find a way to block sites but functions are poor

Could I have solution to access to my router from my PC

Thank's for your help

( the firmware is at the last version)

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

1. what router do you have? you put a7000 in the signature which is a usb wireless adapter. 

2. what firmware is on it? 

3. what modem/gateway is it connected to?

Message 2 of 7
antinode
Guru

> [...] I was redirected to your site pages.

Not _my_ "site pages".  Not a useful description.

> ( the firmware is at the last version)

As always, an actual version number would be more useful than your
opinion of what's "last" today.

> Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0

Not a router.  Look for "Model" on the product label.  Connected to
what?

Possibly relevant:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/1976674

Message 3 of 7
dingodawg
Aspirant

u have a patter of not being helpful, maybe time for you to stop.  there are nicer and more effective approaches than yours for sure.

Message 4 of 7
Gaspard-Arnaud
Aspirant

Thank's at alls for your kind replies :

1 - I understand I was not precise but I am a newcomer and not a computer nerd

2 -  Sorry for my late response, beeing in europe, I took time to sleep !

....Then details

Configuration :

- Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router(R7000) S/N 445D7B7WA10A1 was used in conjunction with a modem/router (internet box : "freebox revolution") > the device is only used for wifi 

- Firmware version 1.0.9.88

Here are explanations:

A. Good news : WIFI problem is fixed:

- by taking the Netgear WIFI/Router on my hand I disconnected WIFI, one of my finger pushing unfortunately the WIFI button to off.

B. Acces to Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router(R7000)

- My question is the same : I can't access to the device by www.routerlogin.net, www.routerlogin.com or by  192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1

I saw in one of post than it could come from browser (mine is firefox) by "using DNS over http". How could I verify this . Is there any other solution ?

Thank' again

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 5 of 7
Gaspard-Arnaud
Aspirant

Thank's for your help

Finaly, problem acces solved : to log in I used the IP adress given by the Android Nighthawk apps.

But I am ashtonised by documentation. The userguide dont speak about this problem. How can we identifiy  the IP adress without the Android application ( application wich was not available when I bought the product) ? Does it mean I will have to identify the iP adress each time I will have to login ?

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 6 of 7

Your footer now says C7000. That's a Modem Router. If you are using that with  a R7000 that is asking for trouble.

If it isn't a C7000, as @plemans said earlier, it would still be a good idea to tell people what the modem bits is. The description "modem/router (internet box : "freebox revolution")" could be anything. Does it have a make and model number?

Which "device is only used for wifi"? If you mean the R7000, and your modem is also a router, then you could make life easier by putting the R7000 into wireless access point mode.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

The manual has a section on putting it into "AP mode".

The symptoms you describe are consistent with having two routers confusing each other.

Two routers on your network can cause headaches. For example, you can end up with local address problems. Among other things, the other router can misdirect addresses that the Netgear router usually handles, such as routerlogin.net or the usual IP address for a router, 192.168.1.1.

This explains some of the other drawbacks.

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7