Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No "firmware update" option on C6250

polenta
Aspirant

No "firmware update" option on C6250

The firmware of my router is outdated (as per Nighthawk app I downloaded on my phone). I know it's listed among the ones that should be updated by the ISP, but I OWN it, therefore that doesn't apply to me.

Is there any way I can update it via CLI or in other ways, since the "firmware update" button doesn't exist in the router utility?

Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: No "firmware update" option on C6250

@polenta wrote:

The firmware of my router is outdated (as per Nighthawk app I downloaded on my phone). I know it's listed among the ones that should be updated by the ISP, but I OWN it, therefore that doesn't apply to me.-----Not how it works. Doesn't matter if you own it or not. the only firmware changes on those devices are by the ISP because its part of the provisioning. Or users would be able to set whatever speed tier they want by changing the firmware. 

Is there any way I can update it via CLI or in other ways, since the "firmware update" button doesn't exist in the router utility?----No. End users can't change the firmware on that device. 

Message 2 of 5
polenta
Aspirant

Thank you @plemans. that was really helpful. So, is my only solution to get in touch with my ISP and ask them to push an update?

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Cable Modem products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Cable modems:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-cable-modems-routers

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

@polenta wrote:

Thank you @plemans. that was really helpful. So, is my only solution to get in touch with my ISP and ask them to push an update?

You can always ask but I've never seen it happen. There's a contact form the ISP can use to contact netgear. Usually netgear provides the update but it costs ISP's money to certify updates so they rarely do. 

What is the latest firmware version of my NETGEAR cable modem or modem router? | Answer | NETGEAR Su...

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7