Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Non existent tech support

BV72715
Tutor

Non existent tech support

If you are lucky enough to get through,I did after 1hr+ wait time and receiving 3 different case numbers I was told they needed to escalate my case and would email me. The email I received said that if I didn't call back within 24hrs. my case would be archived. I called back,could barely understand anyone I spoke to,and after talking for about 5 mins. was hung up on. No one bothered to call me back even though I gave a call back number in case of disconnect. Because of the non existent tech support I will no longer buy or recommend Netgear products. Save yourself hours of frustration and buy from a reputable company!

Message 1 of 7
microchip8
Master

NETGEAR is famous for having bad support. It's because they outsource it to a third party. Their free support is also limited to 90 days after which you have to pay. Even if you pay, the support is still bad so it doesn't change a thing. They got your money already so they don't care

Message 2 of 7
BV72715
Tutor

I totally agree! I'm going to do what I should have done to start with and buy a Synology router and return this piece of junk!

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

Netgear phone support might not be the greatest (not the first report of this and won't be the last) @Christian_R @ChristineT 

But we're willing to help you out on the community support forum. We're halfway reasonable at it 🙂

What router/device do you have? 

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

What firmware is on it? 

What issue (in detail since we aren't there) are you having with it? 

Message 4 of 7
BV72715
Tutor

Thank you both for your kind offer to help but this has been such a bad experience I have bought a Synology RT2600ac and am going to return the Netgear router. I just can't see spending money with a company that doesn't seem to be interested in supporting their customers.

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

good luck! I've heard good things about the Synology RT2600AC but I haven't had the chance to use one myself. 

I hope it works great for you!

Message 6 of 7
BV72715
Tutor

Thanks! I've used them before for customers. They are super reliable and have loads of features. They are more expensive than Netgear but worth it in my opinion plus got this on sale for only $20 more than the Netgear router.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7