Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Not. Sure which switch to purchase for my clients business iptv setup, need 48 Port's

77Michelle77
Aspirant

Not. Sure which switch to purchase for my clients business iptv setup, need 48 Port's

I apologize up front I have no idea if I am even in the right place. I NEED assistance with choosing the right switch for my clients business iptv setup. She had cable running 24 channels, one decoder per channel through 24 mod con modulators then to 84.rooms via coaxial cable system in place. Now I'm replacing the dish decoders with Android TV boxes, then running AV to 2 RCA into same modulators using the same system already in place. But now I need a 488 port switch to connect my 35 android boxes to the net. Client wants one android box to run one channel, same principle as with the dish decoders I'm replacing. Now I need something like a miracle switch that will ensure no freezing channels, and I am terrified that running one channel non stop will freeze or get stuck. But I'm praying for the miracle switch that will be suggested here by you smart people. I hope what I am attempting is possible, I can't see why not, please don't be angry or mean if what I am asking is really stupid. I have to make this work. Please
Message 1 of 4
microchip8
Master

Re: Not. Sure which switch to purchase for my clients business iptv setup, need 48 Port's

Do you need Smart features on the switch like VLANs, DHCP, etc? If not, any unmanaged 48-ports switch will do

Message 2 of 4
77Michelle77
Aspirant

To be Very honest, I am not sure but from what I know or figured out (perhaps I shouldn't say that and keep some dignity), but if I m right all 35 android boxes are going to be on their own dedicated internet line/service thingies, so nothing else on the network (is that right, a network) or causing traffic or stealing bandwidth(please bare with me I'm just throwing words I read) I don't know if I am making sense.
I read something about vlan, igpm snooping, QoS, IGPMv3, but as I understood that's all to control smooth flow and even distribution of internet or bandwidth (no traffic jams) this is for a network with all kinds of traffic right, I only have the boxes, all 35 only running 1 channel 24/7.
Please forgive me if none of that made sense.
What are my chances for making this work and not sitting with a bunch of frozen channels lagging.
Message 3 of 4

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7