Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Not all devices have internet connection

bunky2004
Initiate

Not all devices have internet connection

Hello,

First time poster here.  Ill get right to it.  Last night my wife and I were watching a movie on Amazon video.  All of a sudden, we lost internet connection.  We checked out phones and found that although we were connected to the wireless network (she was on the 2.4ghz and I was on the 5 ghz), we had no internet connection.  Figuring that the problem may clear itself up by morning, we went to bed.  This morning when we woke up, we found that the problem was unchanged.  First thing I did was go to the router and reboot it (turn the switch off, let it sit for about 30 seconds and turned it back on).  When the reboot was complete, we found that everything was once again connected to the network but some things had no internet connection.  I do have a ethernet cable just hanging out so as to connect my laptop to perform any diagnostics.  I found no obvious problems when checking things out that way.

So the long and short of my problem: everything sees the network and can connect to it but only some devices have internet connection.  Up until last night everything worked fine and has worked without issue for the last year since I purchased this router.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Not all devices have internet connection

What modem/gateway is the router connected to? 

You have the R7000P?

What firmware is on it? 

Is it only wireless devices with an issue?

Message 2 of 3
bunky2004
Initiate

Re: Not all devices have internet connection

It is only the wireless devices that have an issue.  I am connected to a Netgear modem but am unsure as to which model.  Also unsure as to what firmware im running at this moment.  Im at work at the moment but can get that information this evening when I get home.  Was more concerned what might cause this and why it would suddenly change from working great to giving me problems.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7