× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

One week new RAX120 5G SSID disappeared

lucrabbit
Guide

One week new RAX120 5G SSID disappeared

Title says it all. Did some search on the forum and found I am not alone. Did factory resetting, not using DFS etc Running the latest FW with all my devices on 2.4G. So frustrating!

These days we rely so much on the router hence I am still doing troubleshooting at 2:30am in the morning. Kids need to use internet for class and working parents need to work. This is what I paid $500 for?!!

Considering to return it. Anyone knows how to do it since I brought directly from Netgear.com?
Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10
thehypnootoad
Luminary

Re: One week new RAX120 5G SSID disappeared

Is the firmware on .16 I also got this issue and still git many but try a pinhole reset for 10 secs if fails download previous firmware .136 and install that then after its all done reset again and fresh install no config file.
Message 2 of 10
lucrabbit
Guide

Thanks for the response. Yes the current FW is currentlly at .16. Upgraded to this version when I first got the router last week.  It has been stable for the past week though. Already tried the factory reset etc. Will find the old FW and give it a try.  Using an old 11N router now, in 2021....

Message 3 of 10
thehypnootoad
Luminary

Message 4 of 10
lucrabbit
Guide

Just downgraded to .136, the situation is the same (ch 153 now). 5G SSID is broadcasting but still couldn't see it under the list..... 

Just found RAX120v2 under the support page.  Well, that's going to be a differnet topic

Message 5 of 10
thehypnootoad
Luminary

Did you do pinhole reset aswell ?
Message 6 of 10
lucrabbit
Guide

Yes, I did. Didn't help.

Over the past two days, I have been on calls with NG L1/L2 support and also via email. Finally they agreed to issue me a RMA.

Basically I can tell the 5G radio is dead. Wifi spectrum scan didn't find anything - tried almost everything I could have, disable ax, disable SC (I didn't use it anyway), change channel, factory erase, pinhole reset, FW upgrade/downgrade. What else can I do?

I am going to give NG another chance, spent $500 for a router plus so much of my name on this, totally not worth it!

Seriously the WiFi router market lacks competition. I came from ASUS since its customer support really pi**ed me for a router with a known defect and they refused to do anything because mine died just right out of two year warranty.  Of course I am not going to reward a company with such poor customer service with my hard earned dollar, and I was warned that I might get a lemon from other companies, well, it just happened!

Message 7 of 10
farel36
Aspirant

yes you can do t in many ways like some years ago i also faced this similar issue that you are facing you can see here how they are giving its solution.

Message 8 of 10
mondenath
Prodigy

Did you tried to change the channel to low range. Which device are you not able to see the wifi list. Is that any mobile or pc doesnt able to get the 5ghz ssid brodcast.

Message 9 of 10
bere35
Aspirant

I think you have to try a lower range version if it is not working in the wifi its my experience about this issue if it not work then tell me i will guide you about the right way to learn this art.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7