Highlighted
Follower

Only getting 360 Mbps on Xfinity 1Gig?

Issue: Max wired (and wireless) interenet speed I'm getting is 360 Mbps. I have Xfinity 1 gigabit service (1,000 Mbps), and Xfinity has been to my house and verified they're sending the Gig speed.  

Question: Are there settings I can change on the router to help fix this on the router?

Thanks for the help!

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: Only getting 360 Mbps on Xfinity 1Gig?

@RPBSF wrote:

Issue: Max wired (and wireless) interenet speed I'm getting is 360 Mbps. I have Xfinity 1 gigabit service (1,000 Mbps), and Xfinity has been to my house and verified they're sending the Gig speed.  

Question: Are there settings I can change on the router to help fix this on the router?

Thanks for the help!

One time last year I had slow speed and I checked with my ISP.  They determined it was not their fault.  They suggested I try different channel and that worked.   I tried all channels until I found channel that gave me the speed I expected.  Your problem might not be that simple to solve but mine was.

Message 2 of 3
Guru

Re: Only getting 360 Mbps on Xfinity 1Gig?

Couple of questions and suggestions.

1. What modem are you using? firmware on it?

2. Firmware on your router?

3. How are you testing? What device? 

4. What website are you testing?

5. If you hardwire into the modem what speeds do you achieve?

Recommendations for speedtest are to make sure you're hardwired into the router. Wifi speeds max are usually around 350-500 Mbps, depending on device you're using. You need ethernet to realize full gigabit speeds. 

sometimes it can matter which website you test with. Speedtest.net is great but I've found it won't show my full speed if it auto connects to a slow server. I usually use speedtest.googlefiber.net or speedtest.xfinity.com  

CAX80-> RBK53-> GS716v2-> TP-Link M9Plus
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements