Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Only see one of two USB drives in Mac OS finder under R9000

pgrose110
Aspirant

Only see one of two USB drives in Mac OS finder under R9000

Have two WD USB drives attached to the router.  In Finder I only see one under "Location" labeled R9000 (icon of a server).  Will see the other drive if attach Readyshare (icon of a monitor).  Please let me know what settings need to be adjused to be able to see both drives under R9000.  Thanks much.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Reads like the old problem that only one external device is shown when accessing the R9000 by AFP (this is the server icon, named R9000 by default) while for accessing it by SMB (that's the blue PC icon, named ReadySHARE by default) does show both. 

As the future is SMB anyway, and Apple does prefer SMB over AFP if both are offered, you should stick with SMB anyway.

For curiosity, what R9000 firmware version is installed on your router?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Reads like the old problem that only one external device is shown when accessing the R9000 by AFP (this is the server icon, named R9000 by default) while for accessing it by SMB (that's the blue PC icon, named ReadySHARE by default) does show both. 

As the future is SMB anyway, and Apple does prefer SMB over AFP if both are offered, you should stick with SMB anyway.

For curiosity, what R9000 firmware version is installed on your router?

Message 2 of 3
pgrose110
Aspirant

Thanks for the response.  I'm using firmware version V1.0.4.12.
Thanks again.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7