Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ordered AC4000 but received AC3200 (twice)

tscbpl
Aspirant

Ordered AC4000 but received AC3200 (twice)

I ordered an X6S AC4000 R8000P router from newegg, but I received an X6 AC3200 R8000.  I returned that for an exchange, and newegg sent another AC3200!  I noticed the barcode sticker on the packaging says R8000P even though the box says R8000. Are they essentially the same router?

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 12
schumaku
Guru

No, not the same.

Reads to me like something went badly wrong with packaging of the what should be R8000P but with R8000 in the box for the lot manufactured for Newegg. Of course, Newegg logistics does trust the labels on the packaging ...

@Christian_R that's some fun job to you to start with - I would immediately notify Newegg to start with, for checking the inventory and what's in the box before shipping ... 8-)

Message 2 of 12
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @tscbpl ,

This is a really unique issue! We are investigating it from our side to see where the breakdown could be! It may take a bit to get to the bottom of this issue but I'll get back to you once I have an update for you.

Can you please private message me with  your serial number? We should have a way to determine what model your unit is based on that information.

Kind Regards,

Christine

Message 3 of 12
schumaku
Guru

For the investigation, a comparison of the labels it says either R8000 or R8000P and barcodes of serial and MAC on the box and the router (must be the same on the box and the device) would help. As well, when accessing the router user interface, it should show if it's an R8000 or an R8000P model. In that case, only the colur wrap might br wrong. Sorry, I forgot to write this before. 

Message 4 of 12
NGTeam
Aspirant

Hi Tscbpl,

We would like to get more information from you on your shipping error from Newegg, and ask that you send us your contact information along with a copy of your post to netgearteam@netgear.com.  Once we receive your contact info we will reach out to you for additional information, so we can look into this.

Regards,

NETGEAR Team

Message 5 of 12
tscbpl
Aspirant

Hi NGTeam, I sent an email to netgearteam@netgear.com but haven't received any reply.  Is there more info needed?

Thanks

Message 6 of 12

@tscbpl wrote:

Hi NGTeam, I sent an email to netgearteam@netgear.com but haven't received any reply.  Is there more info needed?

Have you tried a private message to @ChristineT as suggested?

Message 7 of 12
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @tscbpl,

I received your PM along with the image of the packaging! Thank you for that! I've replied back to you and hope we can get this corrected for you asap! 

@michaelkenward and @schumaku  - Thanks for your help here!! Heart

Happy Friday! 

ChristineT

Message 8 of 12
tscbpl
Aspirant

@ChristineT  thanks a lot for the quick response and for trying to get this resolved!  I'll look out for any messages from the support team.

Message 9 of 12
tscbpl
Aspirant

I haven't received any updates from the netgear team so I am returning the router to newegg.  Thanks.

Message 10 of 12
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @tscbpl ,

I'm so sorry for the delay! I know we were tracking now our reps at Newegg to get this sorted out. One question came up, do you know if this was directly from Newegg or from a marketplace reseller?

I realize you may have already returned the unit but I'd greatly appreciate knowing where to continue to pursue this issue internally.

Kind Regards,

Christine T

Message 11 of 12
tscbpl
Aspirant

Hi Christine,

I appreciate the follow up (already returned the router).  Thanks anyway for your help during the process.  It was from a marketplace seller, but Newegg was the one handling the actual logistics.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7