Re: Owlet won’t connect

Bts2e
Initiate

Owlet won’t connect

I am a new parent trying to connect a product called Owlet to my router. It constantly times out without connecting. Anyone have a work around?
Message 1 of 10

What is your router? The model number.

What is owlet?

How does it connect to your router?

What do the people who make it say about connecting it to a network?

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 10
Bts2e
Initiate

Nighthawk R7000

Owlet is a product that is used to monitor a baby’s pulse and oxygen saturation via sock that syncs via bluetooth to a main hub. The hub connects via WiFi on 2.4 ghz. So I can monitor the levels from my tablet/phone.

They don’t have 24 hr customer support, so I am calling today when I can get access
Message 3 of 10
Lynzie1107
Aspirant

Hey I am having the same issue were you ever able to find a solution? 

Thanks

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 10
SMITHDFI
Initiate

Anyone find a solution for this?  It appears to definitely be the Netgear router.  I have mine setup in AP mode with the 2.4GHz channel at full strength.  I have tried to set it up right next to the router in case signal loss was the issue, no go.  I then tried to set it up using an iPad instead to my cellphone hotspot (2.4GHz) and it worked right away.  After resetting the Owlet network connections I tried again with my home router and again...no go.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 5 of 10
William10a
Master

From what I have seen you have to push a buton the Owlet receiver it may be use the wps to lock it self to the router. Not much of owners manual from their web site. Which may be the reason why the apple and andriod phones lock onto the ssid and password of the router were the Owlet recever has no way other then wps to enter the ssid and password to use.

Message 6 of 10
SMITHDFI
Initiate

Did a router reboot and setup with a MacBook again and it works fine now.
Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 7 of 10
William10a
Master

Hard to know the reason some devices just want to play with you and not work, then want works after driving you crazy. That is what life and the world we live in interesting.

Message 8 of 10
rchrdnsh
Aspirant

My owlet will not connect either, and the support for Owlet said it was my routers fault. Any updates from anybody on this issue? Any solutions?

Message 9 of 10
William10a
Master

The security settings of the routers may be a issue not sure what security settings the Owlet has or what your router's security settings are but you would think the Owlet could handle wpa 2.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E