× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PLEASE HELP my netgear a7000 only disconnects when I'm in games and my wifi bar is always missing 1

RenitentClaw
Aspirant

PLEASE HELP my netgear a7000 only disconnects when I'm in games and my wifi bar is always missing 1

So whenever I play a game ie csgo or overwatch my game would just randomly freeze out of no where and it's been very very annoying I've tried every solution I could find on youtube. The thing is that going on youtube or twitch is perfectly find no disconnects at all but it seems only when I'm in games that it decides to disconnenct. I've tried the dont shut off device to save power feature but no luck.  Please help with any solutions!!!!!!!!!!!!

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 5

Re: PLEASE HELP my netgear a7000 only disconnects when I'm in games and my wifi bar is always missin

@RenitentClaw wrote:

So whenever I play a game ie csgo or overwatch my game would just randomly freeze out of no where and it's been very very annoying I've tried every solution I could find on youtube.

How did you work out that this is a wifi issue and not something gong wonky in whatever you are using to play games? PC, console, whatever.

Message 2 of 5
RenitentClaw
Aspirant

Re: PLEASE HELP my netgear a7000 only disconnects when I'm in games and my wifi bar is always missin

Since everything else works fine like streaming hd videos only ever in game it acts up

Message 3 of 5

@RenitentClaw wrote:

Since everything else works fine like streaming hd videos only ever in game it acts up

That doesn't really add much.

If games use the same USB adapter and wifi connection as HD videos and other stuff, then I would look at the game, not the adapter. The adapter won't say "here's a game, let's act up".

It may be that the game needs some special setting for your Internet connection. You'll have to ask the people who wrote it for those.

In general, wifi is not good for gaming. Wired is always better. If you can't run cables around the place, then Powerline Ethernet is a popular alternative.

Message 4 of 5
RenitentClaw
Aspirant

Ok it's all online game's I have and I'm not in the postion to get an ethernet right now thanks

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7