Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PMS v1.19 causing Android devices to fail playing videos

ascernas
Guide

PMS v1.19 causing Android devices to fail playing videos

Hello Community,

For a while now (since latest PMS update) I started noticing that all my Android-based devices (most TVs and Chromecast) stopped playing videos. Everytime I try to play any video it shows error "An error has occurred while attempting to play this video. Please check your connection and try again".

FACTS:

+No Matter what type of video. It wont play it and got above error everytime.

+It works fine on Apple devices ( Apple TV, PCs, Tablets,), Windows devices (PC, Laptops) and even Samsung Smart TVs, so this is not Network or video type issue.

+Current Plex version on Router: 1.19.5.3112-b23ab3896  Sep 29, 2020

+Android TVs Devices version: 8.20.1.266.70

+Using Portable WD hard drive connected directly to Router USB port

+I had performed a Hard Factory Reset on Router (for other issues)

+I had removed, rebooted and reinstalled apps on Android devices, but issue still happen

+I had connected the TV directly to the router via LAN cable to discard any Wireless problem, and same issue.

RESEARCH:

Reading Plex Forums, found that someone from said there was an issue on 1.19 related to play videos and suggested to downgrade PMS to older versions (1.18.x) or update to release (1.22.x) or latest.

References: 

https://forums.plex.tv/t/android-devices-unable-to-play-content-with-8-17-1-25326/716788

https://forums.plex.tv/t/cannot-play-videos-from-library-with-new-update/724984/4

QUESTIONS FOR THIS COMMUNITY:

1-Is there any plan from Netgear to update the Plex Media Server version to latest version on R9000 — Nighthawk X10 AD7200 to solve this problem?

2-Does anyone has faced this issue and got it fixed without updating PMS?

Thanks beforehads for the help,

Alejandro

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7