Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Packet Loss when gaming over Ethernet connection (using Nighthawk C7500)

TWiN6
Aspirant

Packet Loss when gaming over Ethernet connection (using Nighthawk C7500)

Hey guys, I am having trouble with some packet loss only when playing games. The download speeds and upload speeds are fine and I can browse the internet and watch videos but I get up to 25% packet loss when gaming. I just switched over from AT&T to Xfinity yesterday and installed the nighthawk C7500 myself so this problem is brand new. I used ping plotter to see how much packet loss I was really getting but I don't really know how to analyze it that well. If you guys have any info to why this is happenning it would be appreciated. Thanks 

Model: C7500|Nighthawk X4-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
TWiN6
Aspirant

Re: Packet Loss when gaming over Ethernet connection (using Nighthawk C7500)

Here's an image of ping plotter

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Packet Loss when gaming over Ethernet connection (using Nighthawk C7500)

Did you have this same modem with ATT before switching ISPs? 

Seems that most of the loss is after the modem. 

Ensure your coax line from the ISP box is good. RG6 is recommended and no splitters between them. Have the ISP check the signal line and quality from there service up to the modem. 

@TWiN6 wrote:

Hey guys, I am having trouble with some packet loss only when playing games. The download speeds and upload speeds are fine and I can browse the internet and watch videos but I get up to 25% packet loss when gaming. I just switched over from AT&T to Xfinity yesterday and installed the nighthawk C7500 myself so this problem is brand new. I used ping plotter to see how much packet loss I was really getting but I don't really know how to analyze it that well. If you guys have any info to why this is happenning it would be appreciated. Thanks 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7