Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Paid for Speed Increase, Not seeing it

rlosey
Aspirant

Paid for Speed Increase, Not seeing it

So, I've had 200 Mpbs with my ISP, and everything is working well -- their modem connects to the NightHawk router, and all of my home internet runs off of that.

Recently, I paid to increase the speed to 400 Mbps, and I haven't been seeing it for several days.

When I plugged their modem directly into my computer, I had no internet access, so when I called them up, they did something (perhaps reset it?), and then I was getting 400 Mbps directly. (I also noted that the subnet I was in changed; I suspect - but they won't tell me - that the subnet family is how they control who gets what speeds). Anyway, when I plugged the modem back into the router, it wouldn't get an IP address from the modem.  When I reset their modem, I had Internet access, but at the old IP address and running back at 200 Mbps.

When I called them back, they took the stance that this must be a Netgear problem, since I get 400 Mbps when connected directly, and 200 Mbps from the Netgear device. I kind of understand their position, but it doesn't make sense that the IP address keep changing from one to the other. Anyway, they aren't being helpful, so I thought I would try this group.

I'm wondering if their modem somehow has the MAC address of the router assigned to the 200 Mbps address, but I don't know how to force it to get a new one. Maybe it's just a matter of time?

I have what I believe is the latest firmware version: V1.0.4.98_10.0.71

I'm frustrated and hoping that this group can help.

Richard

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
rlosey
Aspirant

Re: Paid for Speed Increase, Not seeing it

After reading forums, I decided to try a factor reset of the router.  This was unfortunate, because I would lose all of my settings. I did find the menu item to save off my configuration, so I saved it off, and rebooted it.

Ouila! I had increased speed... until I re-loaded my configuration, and then it seemed to go down again.  So, I'm slowly re-adding in my settings and checking the speed to see if one of the settings causes the problem.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
rlosey
Aspirant

Re: Paid for Speed Increase, Not seeing it

After reading forums, I decided to try a factor reset of the router.  This was unfortunate, because I would lose all of my settings. I did find the menu item to save off my configuration, so I saved it off, and rebooted it.

Ouila! I had increased speed... until I re-loaded my configuration, and then it seemed to go down again.  So, I'm slowly re-adding in my settings and checking the speed to see if one of the settings causes the problem.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7