Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Parent Controls are not Blocking

Escher54
Aspirant

Parent Controls are not Blocking

I recently purchased a R6230 wifi router with the Parent Controls. I decided today to enable the Parent Controls. I set the default level to minimal, but configured my kids PC to Moderate and then attempted to go to sites that should be blocked. Unfortunately, the PC was still able to get to sites that it should not have been. I have read other posts, but have not found anything to assist with resolving this issue.

I also configured a blacklist for a site and then attempted to go to it, and this is not blocked either. I waited 10 minutes later and the site was still not blocked. Does this require something extra to be installed on the PCs for it to block the traffic? 

I later tried this on my iPhone and it did get blocked as expected. The PC still does not get blocked. The PC is a Windows 10.

My router firmware version is:
V1.1.0.64_1.0.1

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Escher54
Aspirant

Re: Parent Controls are not Blocking

Not sure how long it took, but we are now seeing it block things as expected on the PCs. Guess there is a hour or two delay before it starts blocking.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Escher54
Aspirant

Re: Parent Controls are not Blocking

Not sure how long it took, but we are now seeing it block things as expected on the PCs. Guess there is a hour or two delay before it starts blocking.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7