Passing R6300 settings to R7000

dndell
Onlooker

Passing R6300 settings to R7000

Hi, I just bought the R7000 as an upgrade from the R6300 (my girlfriend gets the old router). I'd like to find a way to pass most of my current settings up to the R7000, and am hoping there's an easy way to do that. Don't see any mention of that in the instructions, and trying to search the forum for posts on that keeps giving me hundreds of threads.

Any suggestions from the experienced? Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Passing R6300 settings to R7000

It can't be done. You could use the print screen option and save each screen shot and then print them.
Message 2 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Searay is right. There's no direct way to port the config. Even if you could, I wouldn't recommend it.

Reset it to defaults and configure everything manually.
Message 3 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

*.CFG file (router backukp config) file only applies to within the same model with same V# (version) only. Even times the firmware updates can corrupt the configuration of restoring it.

You must manually setup accordingly by per suggested using print screen, screenshot, test file etc.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 4 of 5
dndell
Onlooker

Thanks for the replies. Thought that might be true, but didn't want to proceed with the manual thing until I'd checked. I'll the printscreen idea to help remember my custom port forwarding and other stuff. .
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E