Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Phone app login issues

FloridaClay
Aspirant

Phone app login issues

I closed down an old email address about 2 years ago due to it being overwhelmed by spam and set up a new one.  I updated the email address on netgear.com and have no problem signing in there with the new address. While I had previoulsly had no problems signing in on the Netgear app on my iPhone in the past, today when I log in, using my current email address, it notifies me that it has sent a verification code to my old nolonger existing address.  Perhaps because it is Saturday, I cannot raise either chat or phone support info on netgear.com and Netgrear does not appear to have any support email address.  Of course I need to be able to access my router and associated services via the app.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8

@FloridaClay wrote:

I updated the email address on netgear.com and have no problem signing in there with the new address.

Signing in where? This forum? MyMetgear? Anywhere Access?

The RAX80 is not a standard Nighthawk WiFi Router, which is what this place is about. You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Routers with WiFi 6 (AX) - NETGEAR Communities

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 8
FloridaClay
Aspirant

"The RAX80 is not a standard Nighthawk WiFi Router,"

Well, yes it is.  I own one.

Clay

Message 3 of 8
FloridaClay
Aspirant

I had already tried Support | NETGEAR.  However it only contains canned answers to routine issues.  What I am dealing with appears to be a bug in the app.

Clay

Message 4 of 8

@FloridaClay wrote:

"The RAX80 is not a standard Nighthawk WiFi Router,"

Well, yes it is.  I own one.

Did you spot the "standard" word in there?

Netgear makes a  raft of things that it labels Nighthawk. But they come in different guises.

The "standard" range includes things like the R7000 and R7800. That the stuff that Netgear likes people to talk about in this section of the community.

Then there are the modem/routers and wifi extenders. The newest addition is probably the "Tri-band Mesh WiFi 6" kit.  All are Nighthawk, but none of them are "standard routers".

The RAX family is better known as the "AX" range because they have fancier wifi technology.

You are free to talk about RAX stuff here as much as you like, but if you want to communicate with people who use and follow those things, there is a better section

Nighthawk Routers with WiFi 6 (AX) - NETGEAR Communities

I don't make the rules. That's down to Netgear.

Message 5 of 8
FloridaClay
Aspirant

Michael, I really appreciate your effort to help.  I know you are giving your best effort.  

I really posted here out of despiration because of not being able to find any specific community that was on point and not being able to get phone or chat support to work yesterday.  

I provided a model # only because the help request form asks for one, but this is really not a hardware problem at all.  The hardware is working fine.  It appears to be IT related, an app bug, and there is really no forum that I can find that deals with app logon issues 

In short, after working just fine for some time, when I now try to log into the Netgear Nighthawk app, it recognizes my user ID (my current email address), but  it sends the confirmation code needed to log in to the wrong email address (my old defunct email address), so I never get the code and therefore can not complet the login.

Hopefullly I will be able to connect with a real peron by chat or phone next week who can help sort this out.

Again, I do appreciate your trying to assist.

Clay

Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

I would open up a support tickect and make contact with NG support about this:

https://www.netgear.com/support/#

As @michaelkenward mentioned the NG community has different sections for there products. Most of them are specific.

All sections can be see listed here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

The RAX models has it's own forum as well as the NightHawk App which you can find here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/bd-p/en-home-networking-apps

Most app account related questions and problems can be posted there. If your having user account and code activation issues, it's recommended to contact NG support directly as they can better help you out with those items that they seem to be only able to handle when these cases come up.

Good Luck. 

@FloridaClay wrote:

Michael, I really appreciate your effort to help.  I know you are giving your best effort.  

I really posted here out of despiration because of not being able to find any specific community that was on point and not being able to get phone or chat support to work yesterday.  

I provided a model # only because the help request form asks for one, but this is really not a hardware problem at all.  The hardware is working fine.  It appears to be IT related, an app bug, and there is really no forum that I can find that deals with app logon issues 

In short, after working just fine for some time, when I now try to log into the Netgear Nighthawk app, it recognizes my user ID (my current email address), but  it sends the confirmation code needed to log in to the wrong email address (my old defunct email address), so I never get the code and therefore can not complet the login.

Hopefullly I will be able to connect with a real peron by chat or phone next week who can help sort this out.

Again, I do appreciate your trying to assist.

Clay

Message 7 of 8
FloridaClay
Aspirant

Thank you!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation