Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ping problems

Akuma_222
Follower

Ping problems

Yesterday i wanted to play Valorant when I noticed that my ping was stuck at 120-145ms! I did a ping test with both (my normal router whilst the Ext was off and my Ext) When i did the test with the normal router and the Ext off the ping was at my standard 15-25ms but when I did the test with my Ext my ping first showed 30ms and then it spiked up to 145! And in the last 24hrs I did everything that came to my mind to maybe bring it back down! I restored my Ext and restarted it many times before that and nothing helped! It only stays on my standard ping for like 3min and then goes back up to 145ms!

Could someone please help me ith this problem?

Model: WN2000RPTv2|Universal WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Ping problems

You expect extenders to increase ping times. 

Reason why is they have to send/recieve from router----extender and then extender----devices. And standard extenders can't do both at once.  so they see higher ping/latency and roughly 50% lower speeds.  Dual band extenders have fastlane mode that can help reduce ping times but this rarely increases speeds. Triband extenders have a dedicated 5ghz chip just for router----extender communication so they have better pings and much faster speeds. 

But they all increase ping times. Its the very nature of how extenders work. 

You can try putting the routers 2.4ghz on a different channel in case there's interference. 

If you're dedicated gaming, you'd want your device hardwired in.

At minimum, you'd wantt to use 5ghz as its much faster than 2.4ghz and doesn't suffer from quite the same interference issues. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7