Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Pl1000 Low speeds

Nicholast176
Follower

Pl1000 Low speeds

I'm using my Netgear PL1000 as a device to get ethernet to my desktop. I noticed the speeds are unreasonably slow. I pay for a 300mb internet speed. My Nighthawk router is on the main floor and the 1st powerline is plugged in less than 2 ft from it. I have my other powerline on the second floor about 4 feet from my computer. If I do a wireless speedtest on my phone I get around 201 down and 11.5 up from the room that my computer is located in. typically 280-290 down next to the router and about 12 up. I don't understand why the speeds in the powerline are dropping so drastically from the powerline. 
Anything helps! Thanks!

Model: PL1000|PowerLINE 1000 adapter
Message 1 of 2

Re: Pl1000 Low speeds

@Nicholast176 wrote:

I don't understand why the speeds in the powerline are dropping so drastically from the powerline. 

I have read your message several times and still have no idea what speeds you get on the Powerline link. All I can see is stuff on wifi speeds.

Powerline depends greatly on local conditions, especially the state of your mains circuits and any electrical devices that you have plugged in.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, but Powerline is nothing like a router, so you might get responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Powerline Networking - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7