Kilrahi
Aspirant

Playstation Network Blocked Mid Play

My router has always worked without a hitch.  It's been this way for months.

Last night, as I was playing on my PS3, I was suddenly signed out of the network.  I haven't been able to log back in while connected to my router.  Everytime I try on a PC to access the PSN network it tells me the site is blocked.  Here are some important facts:

1. It works just fine if I'm connected straight to the modem (so the problem isn't Sony or my ISP).

2. It works just fine if I attempt to connect on my mobile network (so the problem isn't the PS3, PS4, Sony, or my ISP).

3. The router is on the latest firmaware.

4. A factory reset fixed nothing.

It seems to be the same dilemma other users faced in the past, including this one:  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Router-Blocking-sites-on-devices/m-p/1180867...

Any ideas? It looks like no one has ever actually said on these previous complaints, "Yay, that fixed it!"

I'm about to chuck the very expensive router and buy something else.  This is just tragic.

Thanks.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Kilrahi
Aspirant

Re: Playstation Network Blocked Mid Play

This is the message I get when I try to login from a PC:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://auth.api.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.jsp" on this server.

Reference #18.75f78343.1486694455.3e2a40a

I should also point out that I tried port forwarding to and from the PC (which even if it worked would be useless as I largely need to use the PSN network from a PS3 and PS4, but still, I tried).

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 4
Kilrahi
Aspirant

So this is REALLY weird . . . but based on a few other posts on this site from a while back I changed the MAC address of my router.

Eureka, it worked but . . .

Anyone want to weigh in as to why?  Why would it have worked for months and then just suddenly stop working based on a MAC address problem?  I'm trying to figure out what in blazes if anything I can do about such things for the future.

Thanks for any input.

Message 3 of 4
clithes
Prodigy

Could you have been blocked by PSN themselves ?  That is the same message that appears when someone has been reported (correctly or not) for cheating / lag switching

Do you get an error message?  Details can be found on Sony's site here:

Banned and suspended consoles and accounts

Modem: Bipac 8800NL | Routers: R7800, R8500 & R9000
Powerline: PLP1200x4 PL1200x6 | WiFi Extenders: PLW1000 & XWN5001
Switches: GS105Ex2, GS105Ev2, GS108Ev2, GS305
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements