Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Port Forwarding Option NOT Accessible R7000

BDoyle285
Aspirant

Port Forwarding Option NOT Accessible R7000

I am trying to setup my R7000 so I can view my security cameras remotely, but the option in the menu to access port forwarding is not available. The option is gray and I cannot figure out how to make the option available.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

When options are greyed out it's most likely because of user error, meaning user doesn't understand for example when used in AP Mode it cannot forward ports since it's not doing the routing. In some cases if that's not the reason then reset the PC browser and or Reset router to defaults or reload firmware or re-read manual.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

When options are greyed out it's most likely because of user error, meaning user doesn't understand for example when used in AP Mode it cannot forward ports since it's not doing the routing. In some cases if that's not the reason then reset the PC browser and or Reset router to defaults or reload firmware or re-read manual.

Message 2 of 7
rpoffen
Virtuoso

searay is correct. Your ISP may have supplied a modem that is already a router. During setup, the R7000 detects what type of service is in use and if it detects an existing router, it will set itself up in AP mode. If this is the case, and you want the R7000 to be the router, then you need to contact your ISP and see if they can put the modem in bridge mode, effectively turning off its routing capability. In this mode, you will likely need information on how your ISP authenticates your service, either via the MAC address of the original modem, or via login credentials using PPPoE.

Note that unless you have a static IP from your ISP, you will need to use a dynamic DNS service if you want to access your cameras from outside your local network. The R7000 supports this for certain providers such as Netgears own, or DynDNS.

Message 3 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

The auto detect option is in my opinion a problem because it's not always correct in detecting. It should be an option to run after the installation. Worst case you'll have a doulble nat, but this auto crap is a real pain in the _$$. Since it's last auto pilot caused me six hours of grief last week. I'm using my other beta freebie r8000 for now. R7000 wont allow me to access gateway when used.

Message 4 of 7
BDoyle285
Aspirant

So the router WAS in AP mode, changing that helped to get into the port forwarding menu, but now the router will not recognize all of my wired devices, including the device I was trying to set up the port forwarding for, and when I REFRESH the device list, the list changes. sometimes it doesn't even recognize my PC that I am refreshing the list from? I am running the current firmware version V1.0.5.48_1.1.79 .

Message 5 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Pick one to do the routing not both.  If you want the 7000 to do the routing then your modem MUST be in bridge mode. Before you reply PLEASE read this entire post several times.

is your modem in bridge mode?

Message 6 of 7
BDoyle285
Aspirant

I'm not sure which one of your two sentences I am supposed to read SEVERAL times... Thanks for your help....

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7