Re: Port Forwarding for Nighthawk AC3200 wifi modem router model c7500 not working

prestonhsiao
Aspirant

Port Forwarding for Nighthawk AC3200 wifi modem router model c7500 not working

Hi, 

I just purchased this new modem/router combo and want to port forward to my xbox one. My fianl goal is to use the Onecast to remote control my xbox with outside network. I already use DynDNS to have my static IP address. I set up the special port number in the port forwarding section in the router's website. But when I check the port it always not open for my ip address. Is there anyone could give me some hint how to solve this? I also try DMZ and still no results.

Message 1 of 3
Thinkster
Apprentice

Re: Port Forwarding for Nighthawk AC3200 wifi modem router model c7500 not working

What is the IP address of the XBOX One?  What port(s) do you need to forward?  Also, DynDNS does not give you a static IP, but rather gives you a name url that is "static" and forwards to whatever your current IP is assuming it's set up properly.    What did you use to check if port is open or not?

Message 2 of 3
prestonhsiao
Aspirant

I asign my xbox to 192.168.0.5. According to Onecast website, they mentioned if I want to use remote control,  I need to forward 5050 (UDP) and 49000-65000 (BOTH), which I succesfully setup in my router website. I use the IP address from the DynDNS website to check if the port is open or not, after the host name in the detail column. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E