Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Port Forwarding refuses to work

Petalmeat
Aspirant

Port Forwarding refuses to work

I have done everything i can to open these stupid ports and nothing WORKS!?!?!  image.png

I have the program running in the background that is checking those ports but port checker is saying its closed? I've rebooted my router after setting up the ports aswell. No firewall troubles either. IPV4 is also on.

Im trying to host a lobby for EmuVR and it requires 4700 to 4730 to be open for the lobby to work. nothing works unless somehow something on my end isnt public at all. maybe its my apartment complex too **bleep** me

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Port Forwarding refuses to work

What modem/gateway is the router connected to? 

Message 2 of 5
Petalmeat
Aspirant

That’s what I don’t know. I’m in an apartment complex so I only have access to the router. I already sent them a request to open said ports. I’m guessing that must be my problem.
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

If your apartment is supplying it, they'll have their own management device. so its tough to know what they're blocking or will allow. 

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Reads like your Internet connection is provided by the apartment complex operator.

Not uncommon, these service providers don't assign  public routable IPv4 address to your Internet connection resp. the WAN (Internet) port of your router. This does prohibit any IP port forwardings. Talk to the complex operator about the options for a fully feature internet connection service with public IP address, or look for a connection offered by an alternate ISP.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7