• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Aspirant

Port forwarding on Nighthawk R9000

So im trying to open the ports to league of legends and i have the numbers but i mean the port forwarding on this is different than the other netgear routers.

There is no starting or ending port option on either external or internal port to fill in???? im confused because it was simple and easy on the other router but why change it to only external port and internal port and not state weather its starting or ending ports?? im confuse to how to fill these in really. Can anyone help me?

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
Highlighted
Luminary

Re: Port forwarding on Nighthawk R9000

Add a Custom Port Forwarding Service, R9000 User Manual, page 140.

Message 2 of 8
Highlighted
Aspirant

i think you miss interpreted my meaning THERE ARE NO START PORTS AND END PORTS ON THIS ROUTER! EVEN IN THE MANUAL IT STATES START AND END PORTS WHEN THERE ARE NONE! LOOK AT THE PICTURE.

Screenshot (1).png

Message 3 of 8
Highlighted
Aspirant

ITS SUPPOSE TO LOOK LIKE THIS!

Screenshot (2).png

Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

It was designed to be in one box.

Just separate it with commas if you need to specify ports and port ranges. 

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 5 of 8
Highlighted
Luminary

Actually looking at the page in front of you might help.

The "Please specify ports and port ranges split by commas, example 30, 50 - 60, 6500 - 6510" is a bit of a givaway.

I noticed this change in another Netgear router recently, the D7800 I think, and specifying the ports and ranges in this way worked fine.

Message 6 of 8
Highlighted
Aspirant

Actually looking at the help center it says so differently smart one Smiley Wink and its kind of a giveaway. It specifically states on the help center tab:

1. Select the Internet application or game you want to use from one of the relevant lists.
The Start Port and End Port fields are filled in.

OH AND HERE IS A PICTURE!!! DO YOU SEE THE START AND END PORTS LIKE IT SUGGESTS???!!!! lmao this guy.

Screenshot (4).png

Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Guru

@kazacune wrote:

OH AND HERE IS A PICTURE!!! DO YOU SEE THE START AND END PORTS LIKE IT SUGGESTS???

5000 is the starting port, 5500 is the ending port. (The line saying "External port range")

Where did your "it's supposed to look like this" picture come from?  It's not in the manual.

Message 8 of 8