Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Port not opening for game server

Bub525
Aspirant

Port not opening for game server

I have a active game server listening on a port, allowed through windows firewall and have the correct setup in the router for port forwarding. I've triple checked the PC's local IP and the one I'm forwarding to. I've triple checked my port I forwarded. No matter what I've tried, even DMZ, I can't get the port to listen to outside traffic. 

I have a fiber Modem, that's giving my Router internet. I've tried getting into that modem's management but can't seem to find out how. I'm not sure the problem is through the modem or not. 

I'm absolutely lost on what to try next or how to get any farther than I have been. The model on the router itself says RAX20, the modem is from ADTRAN, model number TA334. Couldn't find hardly any info on the modem. 

I've used port checkers to see if the port was open and the game server won't show up or allow any connection. The service works because I'm able to play on LAN. 

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you connect directly to the ADTRAN with your game server PC? 

Message 2 of 4
Bub525
Aspirant

I haven't checked because if anything else such as my router is plugged in it won't give any network assignments to the PC. The PC is the only thing that can connect to the modem at one time. Having the router and the PC connected seperately causes the modem to not care about the PC and not give it any kind of network access. Im not sure this is my ISP's default normal equipment though. It's the modem that was setup on the fiber when I had moved in

Message 3 of 4
Bub525
Aspirant

I can't access any kind of GUI or anything when I try to access it like I do my router. Typing the gateway in does absolutely nothing

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7