Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Port open with UPNP, but finally not accessible

Coyote570
Aspirant

Port open with UPNP, but finally not accessible

Hi Internet !

I have a Synology nas server with Minecraft on docker container using UPNP to make the server accessible over the internet but it seems not to work.

I have 2 apparals, one is the modem configured in bridge mode and the second is XR500 in router mode.

When I check in the advanced settings > UPnP. I see my IP server with the port 19132 open in TCP / UDP so normally the configuration should allow access to my container under docker and thus to the minecraft server, but it is not the case

cf033d3299d848fe59618237101d6888

On my nas

c7f6d4bc7e0d8922cc678b19b9a6aca3

I tried to disable the UPNP service of the router and open the ports directly in the port forwarding tab, but it doesn't work either, is there any other configuration to do to make a machine accessible?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Talk to your ISP, your Internet Service Provider. Request a public routable IPv4 address assigned. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Your XR500 router does have public IPv4 address on it's WAN/Internet interface, or does your ISP (or in-house network service) deploy Carrier Grade NAT (RFC6598, or even worse private RFC1918) IPv4 addresses?

Compare the information shown on your router Web UI WAN/Internet port vs. a search for "what is my IPaddress"!

Is the XR500 connected behind another NAT router?

Any ISP side firewall provisions in place?

Message 2 of 4
Coyote570
Aspirant

Effectively, the IP WAN address is private (10.x.x.x)

My modem is in bridge mode, I have any other routers except the XR500

So what should I do now ?

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Talk to your ISP, your Internet Service Provider. Request a public routable IPv4 address assigned. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7