Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Power Outage NightHawk 6.0, Now Can't Login to Router

RalphRoss
Tutor

Power Outage NightHawk 6.0, Now Can't Login to Router

I saw almost the exact problem in forums from 2012 for older Netgear routers - but didn't see a good answer. It won't let me enter the correct model number but this is a new Nighthawk R8000 AC3200with 3 access points and 2.4 and 5.0 Ghz. Had a quick 2 second power outage (I have whole house surge protection), the Nighthawk kept all it's settings and I can connect wirelessly or via RJ45 ehternet - no problems. But I can't log into the web page to change settings etc. My Nighthawk is connected to a Time Warner Arris cable modem which has wireless disabled. I powered the Nighthawk off for 60 seconds and let it come back, but same situation, everything works great but I can't log into the NIghthawk web page. I do see via Netgear-Genie that it just shows everything connected through the Arris modem 192.168.0.1   The Nighthawk was previously accessed on 192.168.1.1  I also see in Network-Genie the Nighthawk seems to be on 54.200.99.0 which just takes me to a Netgear.com site. I know I am connected to one of the Nighthawk's access points, so it is strange that I can't get to the web page either via wireless or ethernet connection. Anyone know what I can do. I hate to re-install the Nighthawk but I will if on one has any other technical guidance. THANKS, Ralph  

Model: JNDR3000|N600 Wireless Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Power Outage NightHawk 6.0, Now Can't Login to Router

Hi RalphRoss,

Disconnect the R8000 first from the Arris modem. Access it and make sure that it was not set to AP mode. If still can't access, reset the router to factory default.

JamesGL

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi RalphRoss,

Disconnect the R8000 first from the Arris modem. Access it and make sure that it was not set to AP mode. If still can't access, reset the router to factory default.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
RalphRoss
Tutor

Thanks, I didn't think to disconnect the cable modem and just have the Nighthawk connected directly to the internet port on the PC. I did have to also power off the Nighthawk after I disconnected from the cable modem, but when it came back I now could log into the routers web page. But it did not resolve the whole problem. I followed your second suggestion and did reset the Nighthawk (had to do 2 resets maybe I didn't hold the button long enough the first time although it did seem to go through a reset). The reset worked and now everything is fine. When I run NetGear Genie I see the Nighthawk in the network map as I did when first installed. The printers now find the NIghthawk as well. So thank you very much.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7