Power adapter cord is broken

Daan10
Follower

Power adapter cord is broken

The powercord of my power adapter is broken. I have an other adapter but the voltage and amperage is lower than the one of the nighthawk. Is this a problem? Or is it possible to buy an new adapter?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
microchip8
Master

Re: Power adapter cord is broken

you need to buy a new adapter that provides the same voltage and amps as the NETGEAR one. Unfortunately, NETGEAR does not replace (RMA) power adapters so you can't do a job on them 

Routing: NETGEAR R7800 - Voxel Firmware 1.0.2.88SF & Kamoj addon
Switching: 2x NETGEAR 8-ports (GS108v4) / 1x NETGEAR 16-ports (JGS516v2)
Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Server: Intel Core i7-7700K - NAS: Intel Pentium G4400 - Cruncher: Intel Core i5-7400
Message 2 of 5
Thinkster
Apprentice

If it was me, I would just cut off the bad portion of the cord (DC side) and solder/heatshrink a new length of cord with the proper end connector. If you don't have that ability or access to a electronics store like I do, then you can find another DC supply with the same voltage (typically 12) and the same or greater mA/amps with the same end (maybe 2.1mm or 2.5mm?)
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

you can buy new power adapters off amazon for fairly cheap. Just make sure the voltage is the same and that it supplies enough amperage. It'll run off a lower amperage power supple but you'll have issues whenever the router needs more power to the point of wanting to replace the router. Better to just get one that supplies the correct voltage/amperage. I've had to do it replace them before and I've never had an issue if getting the correct specs. 

Current Setup: CM2000-> SXK30-> GS716v2-> Arris W31 x2-> Pi-hole->
Message 4 of 5

@plemans wrote:

you can buy new power adapters off amazon for fairly cheap. Just make sure the voltage is the same and that it supplies enough amperage. 

Also check the polarity (+/-) on the tip.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements