Re: Power fluctuations causing Nighthawk R7000 to lose internet connection

dlpucci
Follower

Power fluctuations causing Nighthawk R7000 to lose internet connection

I live in a rural area where power can "Yo Yo" so I have my R7000 hooked into a TripLite battery backup/surge/noise protected UPS.  Lately everytime the Triplight alarm goes off, I lose my internet (fiberoptic) connection on the router, although all other functions of home network and WiFi work fine.  To get the internet back I have to power down and power up the unit again.  These are momentary "glitches", never starting up my home's standby generator and sometime the ONLY UPS in the house that beeps (I have 4 others, either APC or TripLite) is the TripLite with the Nighthawk plugged into it.

Is there a better power supply/conditioner than the TripLite to use?  

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Replace the battery

Message 2 of 5
sktn77a
Virtuoso

Switch the UPSs and see if a different UPS works with the router and if your present UPS works with the other equipment.

Keith

(2xWNR2000, 3xWNCE2001, FWAG114, FS116, GS116, 6xR7000, EX7000)
Message 3 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Uninterrupted is the key, seeing that the power is being interrupted the UPS is bad, and most likely it's the battery. Or you have it plugged into a surge outlet only not a backup/surge

Message 4 of 5
IrvSp
Master

Is the Fiber coming into the R7000 via a modem? If so, is the modem on the same UPS as well? Could be the modem drops the power and when it comes back on the router is on and it doesn't connect to it as it should is there was a proper power sequence of modem then router. That is why power cycling the router works.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E