Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Pricing question

Sssjim7
Aspirant

Pricing question

I bought an Orbi system from Walmart about a month ago.  It came with the router and 1 satellite.  Works great, but still doesn't reach my basement, so I wanted to add a 2nd satellite.  It is supposed to work with up to 2 satellites.

I looked for an additional satellite and saw that the price for a satellite sytem is $239.00   The price for buying an ENTIRE new system is only $179.00 (included the router and 1 satellite).  ?????

Come on... this is ridiculous... I would expect the satellite to cost less than the router - maybe 1/3 of the system cost?  I was expecting to see a satellite add-on for my system priced at less than $100,00    Why does that additional satellite cost so much?

Can I just buy an entire new system and not use the router?  (can save it as a spare or something)   If I did that, will the satellite hook up with my current Orbi router and satellite?

This is so confusing.  The pricing seems so out of whack.  Is there something I am missing here?

Jim

Model: CATRBR50-100NAS|Orbi Premium CAT5e Flat Ethernet Cable
Message 1 of 2

Re: Pricing question

You should know that this community is essentially a user-to-user venue with some input from a small band of Netgear techies.

Most of the answers come from fellow users who have no connection with Netgear. They just have a lot of collective experience and are familiar with the sort of problems that turn up here.

Issue like pricing are beyond the scope of most of us. We are as much in the dark as you are.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7