Printer invisible to cell phones Nighthawk X6S AC3600

BCShort
Aspirant

Printer invisible to cell phones Nighthawk X6S AC3600

I recently purchased and just installed a Nighthawk CM1100 modem and a X6S router.  The modem seems to be working flawlessly.  My problem:  I am unable to print from either of our cellphones (Samsung Galaxy S9 and S10).  The printer is a HP 8725 and is networked, not wireless.  I have been able to print from the cell phones on our previous router.  When I try to add a printer to Google Cloud Print it is unable to locate any printers.  I can print from two laptops via wifi and the ethernet network connectiion.  My desktop PC prints via ethernet also. I am not using ReadyShare (and would prefer not to).
I'm stuck!  I've searched for hours and cannot find any answers.  Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
Krethys
Apprentice

Re: Printer invisible to cell phones Nighthawk X6S AC3600

Can you connect or ping the printer IP address? Are you on the same network as the printer? You could try statically assigning an IP address to your printer and see if that helps the situation. Ensure the printer of course is powered on and not trying to receive wake on lan requests as that may also cause an issue in reaching the device. If you can print like that then we could work on the wake on lan after. We gotta see where this function is failing at in the chain. 

Are the devices apple or android?

Message 2 of 4
BCShort
Aspirant

Thank you for your prompt reply.  It prompted me to take a good look at the printer's network settings.  I found it!  My old router had an IP address of 192.168.0.1.  My new Netgear router uses 192.168.1.1.  The printer could not find the router - and vice versa!  

I simply returned the printer to it's default state and then redid the network settings including the default gateway.  Problem solved!

Thank you again!

Message 3 of 4
Krethys
Apprentice

Nice! That definitely explains it! I am happy you were able to fix it! Printers can be pesky devices 😛

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E