Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problem connecting PS4 via ethernet to R8000

electric58
Follower

Problem connecting PS4 via ethernet to R8000

Preliminary Info: Purchased router approx. 2 years prior. Installed perfectly with no issues. Decided to purchase and install NetDuma router. Set R8000 as an AP. I am now trying to remove NetDuma and install R8000 as router.

Powered up R8000 and rest to factory default by pressing rest button until the router rebooted. Installed genie. During setup "use as router" was selected. WiFi works perfectly. Laptop connects via WiFi and ethernet. PS4 will not connect with WiFi or ethernet. Genie does not have tab for advanced setup for port forwarding or other features. When attempting to connect via 192.168.1.1 receive meassage pop-up "can not connect to page." Details indicate that ethernet connection is not available. Network on laptop indicates ethernet is connected via RealTek broadband ethernet card. I'm thinking the R8000 must still retain some AP setting but I can not access to determine if this is true. Any suggestions?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Problem connecting PS4 via ethernet to R8000

Hi electric58,

Try to reset the router to factory default again. Access 192.168.1.1 or routerlogin.net instead of the Genie app when configuring.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi electric58,

Try to reset the router to factory default again. Access 192.168.1.1 or routerlogin.net instead of the Genie app when configuring.

Message 2 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Hi electric58,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7