Problem during Set up R7000 in Bridge Mode

WTsao
Tutor

Problem during Set up R7000 in Bridge Mode

Try to setup R7000 in bridge mode. However, I made a mistake that the process was interrupted prior assign to the SSID and Password. Now, I couldn’t find the R7000 since it is not linked to the internet. How can I fix it? Can I reset it with the factory default without internet connection? Thanks a lot!

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
WTsao
Tutor

Re: Problem during Set up R7000 in Bridge Mode

@Case850wrote:

>>> Can I reset it with the factory default without internet connection? 

Yes

Please advise me how to do it? I tried the reset button but did not work...

Message 2 of 7
duckware
Prodigy

Press and hold reset button for around 10 seconds.

side note: On my R7800, I made the mistake of having the R7800 working as a second router on my LAN (so WAN connected to LAN) and then configured the R7800 in bridge mode without unplugging the LAN from the WAN port.  Just don't do it.

Message 3 of 7
WTsao
Tutor

@duckwarewrote:

Press and hold reset button for around 10 seconds.

side note: On my R7800, I made the mistake of having the R7800 working as a second router on my LAN (so WAN connected to LAN) and then configured the R7800 in bridge mode without unplugging the LAN from the WAN port.  Just don't do it.

Sorry for belated reply since I was too busy to sit down by the computer and the router. Tried this morning, it works and back to the factory default configuration. Thank you very much! And I just learned to be more patient.

However, I did not find where to assign the SSID and Password (R7000 as the Bridge to the new router) and it hung there again. Good thing is I know how to get it back now. I’ll search the solution over the community website. Hopefully, can find the solution quickly.

Thanks again.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 7
WTsao
Tutor

Finally got time and converted the R7000 to a bridge. Once you know how to do it, it is simple and straightforward. Copy the link here, just in case someone wants to do the same conversion and faces the some problem.

https://kb.netgear.com/24105/What-is-bridge-mode-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Nighthawk-router

Thanks all for the time and help. Very appreciated!

By the way, after R7000 being converted to a bridge, I lost the USB Drive as the storage function. Is there a way to get it back?

Message 5 of 7
antinode
Guru

> [...] after R7000 being converted to a bridge, I lost the USB Drive as
> the storage function. Is there a way to get it back?

Don't use bridge mode?  In bridge mode, does an R7000 even _have_ a
LAN IP address?

Message 6 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Many services are available in router mode only.

@antinodewrote:

In bridge mode, does an R7000 even _have_ a LAN IP address?

I would expect both devices involved in the bridge will get IP addresses from the DHCP server, and can be configured to fixed LAN configs - otherwise, the management would become a little bit difficult.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E