Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Problem with Remote Management

zmetman
Tutor

Problem with Remote Management

I have the R9000 Nighthawk X10 router and the Netgear Nighthawk app.   The app was working perfectly and I was able to access my router remotely without wifi.   A few days ago I was having trouble accessing the router remotely and I inadvertently changed my email address associated with MyNetgear and I could no longer access remotely through the app.  I had 2 accounts under 2 different email addresses on MyNetgear, 1 had my router and the other had my Arlo devices.  I deactivated the router from one account and added it to my other account.  The email address in the Nighthawk app under Account Management matches the email address where the router is activated on mynetgear.  If I log into the router through routerlogin.net, I can see that Remote Management is activated.  When I try to activate it in the app, it just tells me "Something went wrong.  This Netgear device is already registered with another account.  Note: If you factory reset our router, you must re-enable remote management." I did not factory reset but after I deactivated and reactivated in my other account, I did reboot the router.   I can't seem to get the remote management to work in the app again.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
zmetman
Tutor

Since no one responded, I factory reset my router and did the setup again.  It works now.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
zmetman
Tutor

Since no one responded, I factory reset my router and did the setup again.  It works now.

Message 2 of 3
Wild930
Guide

Garbage for $500

Model: R8900|Nighthawk X10—AD7000 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation