Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problem with loading of websites after enabling security product on r8000

ricjoyner
Follower

Problem with loading of websites after enabling security product on r8000

Hi All,

Thanks for your help. I noticed on my nighthawk the bitdefender security had lapsed so I turned it on. However, I had no idea it had lapsed. It was fine when I began using it awhile back so no idea when it stopped. Had no issues with the router but we moved to a new home. So did normal update on the firmware. The problem is that now when I load a website I get this error HMMM...can't reach this page....try again. See picture

So I keep refreshing and refreshing and finally it will load. These are pages I had been using for years. The only change has been firmware and the security.

But there is no way to turn off security once enabled on the admin sections to test the issue. 

Any thoughts.?

I had an asus router at a different house that was very fast with great coverage and I was thinking of testing that against the nighthawk now in one home. What are your thoughts. 

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Problem with loading of websites after enabling security product on r8000

You have the R8000? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Happening with all devices? 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?

Message 2 of 3
lillama96
Initiate

Re: Problem with loading of websites after enabling security product on r8000

I started having the same problem on my r8000 with the last 2 firmware that came out.

You can try and change your DNS settings on your device if that is an option to use an free dns provider. Cloudflare is quite popular

1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1

If this fixes your problem then I'd say you are having the same issue I have. Some devices you can't change your DNS settings so I had to revert my firmware to previous versions to fix the problem.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7