Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Problems after Firmware Version V1.0.6.28_1.1.83 Update

senecan
Guide

Hi JamesGL

I think that was a wise move, thanks for clarifying.  Unfortunately I've moved to a new router now - there have been a couple of moments like this along the way, and I lost a bit of confidence in the testing it seems netgear is not taking very seriously.  As we already identified I'm not the only one to find a couple of port forwarding rules mysteriously corrupted in the previous upgrade.

But I do think you've done the right thing to hold that update in order to complete some proper testing.  I mean this constructively - your hardware is set to compete at the top end but it's this attitude to firmware updates that lets Netgear down.  So, for me, these were the killer points (PLEASE take this constructively):

1. Testing.  I think we covered that.

2. No cul-de-sacs.  You CAN break stuff, but you MUST provide a way for me to restore my settings without starting again.

3. Continuity. Optional new features need to be OFF by default.  See 2 - I expect my router to do the same as it did before, but optionally to do "cool new stuff".

4. Keep innovating.  You might yet have upsold me Arlo if this firmware update didn't destroy my existing settings... (leading me to wonder if that might be the future with Arlo too; in short I lost confidence).

5. Try it yourself first.  I think you've tried hard to help; sadly a response of "hey try it" isn't what i'm looking for - I want to know if it will work.

I wish you the best for the future.

s.

Message 51 of 56
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

We apologize for any inconvenience it caused you. I do understand your sentiments regarding the firmware that were being released. We are taking this seriously and our engineers are working on a firmware to be released officially. 

Message 52 of 56
ceo
Guide
Guide

For those that experience 2.4 Ghz WIFI issues after upgrading your firmware to V1.0.6.28_1.1.83 and then reverting to the older stable version V1.0.4.30_1.1.67,  please try setting your 2.4 Ghz channel selection to AUTO and then power cycle the R7000.  I've found that they may help if the 2.4 WIFI is flaky even after a hard reset and manual re-entering of your settings.

It sure appears to me that a hard reset does not seem to actually hard reset everything.  Netgear really needs to work on this.  I'm incredibly disappointed that my once reliable and steady as a rock R7000 was made flaky as heck after this firmware upgrade and then downgrade process.

Message 53 of 56
eghanson
Aspirant

FYI, I update my Nighthawk R7000 to V1.0.6.28_1.1.83 without ANY problems.  The difference that I see is that I manually updated the firmware (i.e. downloaded to local drive and then used the web browser interfaced to update the router).  Everyone else on this post seems to have used the Netgear Genie so this may be the source of the problem?

Message 54 of 56
Niforos
Aspirant

I have the same problem was working well until I updates software. Cannot reconnect. It has new batteries. Please help asap.
Message 55 of 56
IrvSp
Master

@Niforos, I am not sure what your problem is? Can you be more specific, and better yet, start a NEW THREAD. This on is OLD and your message doesn't tell much or even make sense, at least to me? If this is for an R7000 router, it has NO batteries?

In a new thread detail problems and exact h/w and f/w you have. What you have tried as well.

Message 56 of 56
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7