Highlighted
Aspirant

Problems after Firmware Version V1.0.9.14 Update

Should I be running 1.0.9.12, which my Netgear interface says is current, or should I continue to attempt downloading 1.0.9.14, which has to be done through the Netgear website via my internet browser?

I have been running V1.0.9.12 on my router.  Two days after receiving an email from Netgear that there was a new firmware available, I followed the instructions to check for the update, but the Netgear router interface said I was up to date.  I went to the Netgear web site, found V1.0.9.14 and downloaded to my PC.  From there router installation was routine, progress bar showed completion.  However, after the router rebooted, I could not connect to the internet from my Windows 10 PC connected by ethernet - my wireless devices connected fine.  After turning off Windows power quick-start function and rebooting, the PC regained internet access.  However, when reviewing the router's settings the firmware still showed 1.0.9.12.  The new firmware was not installed.  I again checked in the interface for a new update, and it said my system was up to date.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Problems after Firmware Version V1.0.9.14 Update

How does one get support from Netgear?  I have submitted three messages/issues to this forum over the past year, and have received not one single reply to any of them.  

Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements