Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Problems installing and running Plex Media Server - button "Open PLEX" greyed out

softerist
Apprentice

Problems installing and running Plex Media Server - button "Open PLEX" greyed out

Hello,

Today I've got a brand new router, and I cannot Open Plex Server from Genie.

The button "Open Plex" is greyed out. I tryed with two external devices to install it, with an WD My Book New 4 TB and with an USB Stick Kingston Data Traveler 2.0 16 GB. Did several reboots, power off, but still greyed out.

Firmware V1.0.1.36

Please help.

I wanna know if I have to buy another router. I need Plex.

Olso, when I press the: To get 3 Months Free Plex pass promotion code click here I get Invalid serial number

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
softerist
Apprentice

Re: Problems installing and running Plex Media Server - button "Open PLEX" greyed out

Well I have to talk on the phone with a level 2 suppot, he made a remote connection in my pc, downloaded the beta firmware and installed in my router.

After this procedure, I have PLEX button now.

Thank you all for your replys.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
clithes
Prodigy

Have you tried any of these solutions?

R9000, "Open Plex" is grayed out

Message 2 of 9
Wacas
Tutor

Re: R9000, "Open Plex" is grayed out

‎2017-02-08 11:53 AM
I am having the same problems i have tried to contact netgear and cannot get through the company i bought the router from says they cant help me ........i have tried all the solutions except for the beta firmware but as mentioned cannot get on to Netgear i am going to reistall the older firmware and see if i get lucky from that

i do want to keep this unit but plex is the deal breaker

Message 3 of 9
Wacas
Tutor

problem solved..................Netgear has sent me a new beta firmware which they helped through the process

Message 4 of 9
softerist
Apprentice

But how? I want that Beta Firmware too, please, someone, can you give it to me?

Message 5 of 9
softerist
Apprentice

There is no Library Folder on the External Drive, so this solution doesn't apply for me.

Message 6 of 9
softerist
Apprentice

I've tryed everything. It's not working, I need this fixed please!!!!

Nighthawk R9000 - Plex Button Greyed Out - not working

Message 7 of 9
Wacas
Tutor

Contact Netgear support they are well aware of this issue they will give you a link for this firmware .......you will have to sign up for using beta firmware that way you will still be covered under wty if something happens the whole process took 20 to 30 mins over the phone best to call is when you are at your computer where the router is

Message 8 of 9
softerist
Apprentice

Well I have to talk on the phone with a level 2 suppot, he made a remote connection in my pc, downloaded the beta firmware and installed in my router.

After this procedure, I have PLEX button now.

Thank you all for your replys.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7