Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problems post firmware update for PSV-2022-0008

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Problems post firmware update for PSV-2022-0008

After updating my Nighthawk X10 AD7200, I have had regular issues with my router reporting DoS attacks and just going offline for a minute or so like it is resetting and then it will work for a while and do the same thing. This started happening after updating to the firmware from this update--PSV-2022-0008. Current firmware is now--V1.0.5.40. This is really starting to impact my work and my daughter's work as well. This router has worked excellently up until this update. 
Is anyone else having issues? Given this is out of support for call in help, is there anyway to get this reported to NetGear to have them take a look? I have heard about others seeing false positive DoSs and am wondering if this is causing a similar impact to their router. Also, I would expect that if I have all inbound initiated traffic blocked that these packets would drop so that there would be no DoS.

Any help is greatly appreciated especially from Netgear.

This is to the point this router may see the fate of the fax machine in Office Space and I am unlikely to purchase another Netgear product if they are going to exhibit this type of behavior.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Problems post firmware update for PSV-2022-0008

anytime there's an issue after a firmware update, whats usually tried is a factory reset and new install (not from a backup configuration). 

Have you tried this?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7