Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problems with AP mode (LAN ok but WiFi not)

Jenze
Aspirant

Problems with AP mode (LAN ok but WiFi not)

Problem:

WiFi does not work in AP mode. (LAN is ok)

Phone is able to connect to 2.4g and 5G, but no internet connection available.

PS4 does not even connect to either.

I used the X10 as a router for some months, and it has worked well.

But i wanted to get rid of extra NAT and connect all devices to same network/device.

Because LAN ports work fine, but wifi not, leads me to think that the problem is on NETGEAR side. am i right?

(Fibre)modem from ISP is "ZHONE" that i have no control over.

I reset the X10 to factory setting and just changed to AP mode.

is there some link i am missing to get the WiFi working?

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Jenze
Aspirant

Re: Problems with AP mode (LAN ok but WiFi not)

Solved.

My ISP actually gives 5 public ip adresses trough this modem. Which then NG x10 handed out, and i guess those ran out so i could not connect with wifi. this also explains why devices didn´t "see" each other when one was connected to modem and another to x10.

So actually i already basically had what i was looking for. If not better. Only dhcp server on my end is in the X10.

Still PS4 says it is NAT2 when i connect to X10, and NAT1 when i connect to modem directly.

This happens even with port forwarding and DMZ. I guess that is as it should be, really.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Jenze
Aspirant

Re: Problems with AP mode (LAN ok but WiFi not)

Solved.

My ISP actually gives 5 public ip adresses trough this modem. Which then NG x10 handed out, and i guess those ran out so i could not connect with wifi. this also explains why devices didn´t "see" each other when one was connected to modem and another to x10.

So actually i already basically had what i was looking for. If not better. Only dhcp server on my end is in the X10.

Still PS4 says it is NAT2 when i connect to X10, and NAT1 when i connect to modem directly.

This happens even with port forwarding and DMZ. I guess that is as it should be, really.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7