Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problems with router or internet?

wentigels
Follower

Problems with router or internet?

I started having random connection problems. My internet has gone down maybe 4-5 times this week alone. This is very rare normally. I have Spectrum and have never had issues, mostly. I pay for 100mbps internet because I’m a gamer, PS5, Xbox, PC, switch. I have two smart TVs, Alexa’s, my iPhone and a tablet and my girlfriend will bring her stuff over occasionally too. I figure this is well enough as most of the stuff isn’t being used at once. I’m starting to think it’s my Netgear Nighthawk R6700v3. How do I tell if it’s faulty? It’s only a little over a year old but every time I try to check for firmware updates on the app it just says “there was a problem checking for firmware”. Does this affect my internet if I don’t update firmware? It was suppose to be easy. I just have no idea if it’s a spectrum thing or my router.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Problems with router or internet?

1. what modem/gateway is it connected to? 

2. what current firmware are you on? 

3. did you try checking firmware though the browser and not the app? 

4. do all devices drop? Is it just wireless? Just wired? what actually happens? do they say, "connected, no internet". does the wifi stop broadcasting entirely? Details are key. 

Message 2 of 3
wcalifas
Prodigy

Re: Problems with router or internet?

What I would do in your situation is research on these forums or other places on the net for "stable firmware" for R6700V3. I don't have that model so I can't help you out on the firmware. I would downgrade the firmware if there is something out there that someone says its stable. You can donwload firmware versions from the netgear.com website under the support section by writing your model number.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7