Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Proxy on PS4

Proxy on PS4

I was just wondering how I can setup the proxy on the ps4? I heard you must take your computers ip address and punch it into the ps4 set up connection area, proxy settings, then set the proxy port number for 8080? But for some reason I can't connect to the internet, I am just doing this strictly to learn I would just like to learn how to accomplish this. I don't think I will continue to use it I just want to learn how to set it up I like learning new things. I don't know if the router is blocking this port or what I must do to make it work? My whole network is lan by the way of that matters at all.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Re: Proxy on PS4

I have done it thank you! I was not sure why people were telling me to use the IP of my computer as the proxy server IP but that did not work. I just looked up a proxy server online entered the IP along with port 8080 and I finally connected to the server. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

If you are on a home network, you shouldn't need a proxy simply to connect to the internet (and AFAIK there aren't any Netgear home routers that have them built in).

The proxy settings on the PS4 would point to a proxy server (in the cloud somewhere, since there is no proxy in the router).  You might need to configure the router to forward whatever port the proxy uses to the PS4 (that depends whether the PS4 is receiving unsolicited inbound connections).

Message 2 of 4

Yeah I have no issues connecting to the internet without the proxy on the ps4, I just want to try it. So I will make the changes to the router and see if It works or not with what you recommended.

Message 3 of 4

I have done it thank you! I was not sure why people were telling me to use the IP of my computer as the proxy server IP but that did not work. I just looked up a proxy server online entered the IP along with port 8080 and I finally connected to the server. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7